Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tolson 4 TEARS Cheers UK Poet John Harrison

Tolson 4 TEARS means author and advocate Lynn C. Tolson "Telling Everyone About Rape &  Suicide." Why? Those who have been sexually assaulted are 14 x more likely to attempt suicide. I'd rather be dead than be raped. During years of suicidal thinking, I never called a hot-line. Why? I thought others had more need and were more worthy of help. I believed I deserved to die. At age 26 I took 300 pills: Dead. Dead. As if I were suspended from the ceiling, I looked upon my body. I saw a sad bag of bones with ghostly white skin and dark blue shadows under the eyes. I was finally dead. (c) Beyond the Tears: A True Survivor's Story

John Harrison thought that same way. Yet he used his courage to connect to a life line, by calling a suicide prevention agency to save his soul. Listen as he tells this story:





Y-O-U are worthy. If you or someone you know is expressing suicidal thoughts, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255. Y-O-U deserve life.

John Harrison writes poetry and prose in his poignant book "Whispers From Within," which tells of the trauma of abuse survivors. John Harrison's voice says what others are thinking, yet dare not speak. He is able to separate facts from myths, truths from lies; he delivers messages of hope and despair in an emotionally powerful way. In John's own words, his mission is for "raising awareness of child abuse and its consequences in later life." Visit his site, where he generously shares insight and information. bsafe1stalways.com
Post a Comment