Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tolson 4 TEARS* Reviews "Beyond Survivor"

Beyond Survivor: Rising From the Ashes of Childhood Sexual Abuse by Jan Frayne

Often it takes a lifetime to process the agonizing reality of child abuse and its long-term effects on the victim. Jan L. Frayne, a male survivor of childhood sexual abuse, has revealed his secrets in a generous effort to raise awareness of child abuse, to reduce the stigma associated with sexual abuse, and to increase hope for survivors.

Mr. Frayne has taken on this monumental task though his writing, which tell the story in prose and poetry. A reader will hear the angst of a victim as he processes the torment of abuse and the suffering of survivors. His voice speaks for the millions of other boys who cannot find the words to tell of their secret pain.

The poetry is gifted yet not esoteric; it is expressive but not graphic. The raw honesty and emotional content of Frayne's writing makes it relatable to survivors and readable to anyone interested in the plague upon our planet, which is the prevalence of pedophiles and perpetrators who prey upon children. We should all be interested in protecting our children!

Mr. Frayne offers us a perspective on the plight of male victims/survivors of child abuse. This is a necessary element in eradicating the plague so that our children can grow up with a sense of safety, and can mature to reach their full potential. Thank you Jan for having the courage to use your talent for writing in a way that is meaningful to society.

Review completed by Lynn C. Tolson, author of Beyond the Tears: A True Survivor's Story
*Tolson 4 TEARS: Telling Everyone About Rape & Suicide, so no shed tear is wasted.


 You can also go to Frayne's "Wounded Warrior" blog. Twitter @Beyond_Survivor
UK Amazon

If I Died
If I died tonight,
Would you hold my hand
Would you stay beside me
And walk me from this land
Put your arms around me
And never let me go
Share with me your strength
For I have none of my own
The pain is too much to bear
I can't seem to carry on
My heart now lies shattered
The dreams are now all gone
The feelings were always buried
Deep inside my soul
Slowly they destroyed me
Because I wouldn't let them show
Now I lay here resting
My time on Earth is done
Nothing left to fight for
No where left to run
Put your hand in mine
As I take my final breath
My soul has at last found peace
There awaiting me in Death






Post a Comment